(Family Features) The weather is warming and your patio is calling. It’s time to make the grill your go-to for everyday dinners and entertaining alike. Add variety to your grilling fare by including American lamb. From burgers to chops, fresh lamb is a fast, delicious and simple weeknight option.
A flavorful pair
Experts recommend pairing grilled lamb with a rich, structured pinot noir.
“Aim to match the distinct flavor of lamb with a full flavored wine,” said Steve Peck, red winemaker at J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines, the California coast family-owned winery established in 1974. “Our Falcon’s Perch Pinot Noir pairs perfectly with lamb. Made from grapes grown in the Arroyo Seco region of central Monterey County, a cool climate region with a reputation for producing world-class pinot noir, this wine features aromas of wild strawberry, cherry, rose petal and dried herbs, with a deep, earthy character – perfect for summer sipping with tender, grilled lamb.”
Devoted locavore, Chef Jesse Griffiths of Austin’s Dai Due Supper Club, recommends marinating lamb chops overnight with yogurt and citrus. This tenderizes the meat and adds a bright flavor
(Family Features) Haunted with the thought of a ho-hum Halloween? Never fear – trick-or-treaters will want more than just candy once they see your party table. Throw a fabulous Halloween party fit for little goblins or grown-up monsters with some devilishly good sweets.
Try these easy party ideas from Wilton to make your Halloween spook-tacular:
- Add some “pop” to popcorn: Trick out ordinary popcorn into a sweet-and-salty party pleaser. Drizzle on Candy Melts® candy for festive flavors, and then capture the Halloween spirit by adding fun sprinkle mixes.
- Masquerade cookies: Who says you can’t play with your food? Create edible masks with decorated shaped cookies and attach them to cookie sticks with melted Candy Melts candy. Set up a photo station at your party, so guests can take pictures with their cookie mask creations before eating them.
- Jack-o’-lantern cakes: It wouldn’t be Halloween without carved pumpkins. Make yours edible by baking a delicious pumpkin spice pound cake shaped like a pumpkin. Increase the fun by adding silly icing facial features.
- Midnight potions: Spice up the night with candy corn drinks served in containers guests can devour,
What is the Secret of Making Tempura?
Tempura (てんぷら) is one of the popular Japanese dishes. If you are going to a Japanese restaurant, you have probably ordered it many times.
I guess many people think tempura is quite difficult to cook, especially to make crispy batter. But you can make Tempura batter just from ingredients in your pantry.
Tempura is very good for parties, because of the tasty colourful looking, it is easy to pick and you can chose any tempura sauce depending on individual taste.
In addition, it needs very quick cooking time. Some of the sea food tempura just needs to fry for half a minute.
Also, you can use tempura for Tempura Udon (wheat noodles), Tempura Soba (buckwheat noodles), Tempura Sushi and Tempura Don (sweet sauce tempura on rice).
1. Tempura ingredients:
- Plain flour: 100g (1Cup) *
- Egg: 1
- Cold water: 200cc (1Cup) *
- Baking Soda: 1 tea spoon
- Potato Starch: 2 table spoon
- Your choice of vegetables, sea foods and mushrooms such as potato, sweet potato, aubergine (eggplant), zucchini (courgette), onion, capsicum (paprika), pumpkin, green beans, carrot, okura, asparagus, prawn, white fish and squid.
- Oil (Natane oil, sunflower,
While there are various types of steaks out there, according to famed steak specialist and restaurant owner Robert J Sambol, each has its own texture and touch over which depends the intensity delivered to the one savoring it. Here are some of the most common steak cuts one will ever come across:
- The porterhouse cut is a type of steak which is widely popular in the present times. And the main reason behind it being so much in demand is the fact that this steak provide with two steaks at the money of one! While on one side there is the filet mignon, the other side is a New York strip. Also the porterhouse cut is much thicker in nature with more amount of tenderloin as compared to the loin. Therefore one can savor this the most when this is grilled. But also it tastes ecstatic when it is broiled, pan-fried, sautéed as well.
- Perhaps the most popular in the Central Valley and the Centra Coast regions of California is the tri-tip cut. This cut is also widely known as Santa Maria steak and is widely favored for the reasonable price it comes in along with providing a full through flavor
The Basic Ingredients for Sushi
Sushi recipe is not as complicated as we used to think. Sushi recipe includes not too many ingredients. The main ingredient in the land – the prepared sauce with sushi rice, from which molded themselves rolls. Sauce for sushi consists of rice vinegar, soy sauce and sugar.Sometimes rice seasoned with wasabi – Japanese horseradish that has a nice green color. Also wasabi served with sushi as a seasoning.
in forming sushi childbirth important are thin sheets of pressed seaweed – nori. Them lightly soaked or held over the steam, and then wrap them in rice and stuffing.
traditionally and rightly between tasting different types of sushi made to eat a piece of pickled ginger. His property freshen the mouth and clear skies highly regarded Japanese cuisine.
Also with sushi served a dish that resembles a small teapot, and soy sauce. It decided to dip sushi before eating. For thrill can be diluted soy sauce and wasabi. A rather delicious taste.
In the old days Japan was called, rice ears. This is due to the fact that this culture is growing Japanese began about 2,500 years ago, and this historical event associated Birth of Japanese cuisine. After all, “gohan” (rice in
White cheese is the staple of many dishes, but what is even more delicious is creamy soft while. It can be made from cow, goat or sheep’s milk. The milk used can be pasteurized or unpasteurized. It has a very creamy base compared to regular white cheese. The lovely soft texture of this cheese enables you to use it easily as a spread or melt it into a soft. The delicious creaminess of the cheese coupled with softness gives a lovely luxuriant taste that you will relish. The best way to enjoy this cheese is by using it on a variety of breads. Spread it on rye bread, crusty bread, oats, or baguette and enjoy a lovely snack whenever you want.
The Lovely Texture Of Soft Creamy White Cheese Makes It Enjoyable With Any Type Of Dish
The lovely texture of soft white cheese comes from its creamy nature. It has a lot of cream inside, which makes it lovely for using in gravies and dishes where you need a sauce as an accompaniment. The luxuriant texture of this cheese is unlike any other in the market. When you want to enjoy a buttery taste, this is the kind of cheese that
The first thing that occurs to anyone when one invites people over for a get together or any type of gathering is what to serve with it. Now, the obvious choices are the snacks like chips, cookies, finger sandwiches, soft drinks and all. But, after a while, these things start to get a little dull, and just to add excitement to the event, one likes to experiment with their snacks.
Potato chips have since long time, been used as a quick fix for any gathering, but in the recent times, people have started to realise the health hazards of mass produced potato chips. People are wary of consuming too much of it, considering the increase in heart problems and other ailments.
But that is where, a lot of people have realised the use of homemade potato chips. This, people have realised, is an excellent way of controlling how much oil is being used, what other ingredients to add and to keep it as healthy as possible while still maintaining the taste. And it is not just a game of slicing slices of the chips and frying them in a little bit of oil.
But people are getting extremely creative with these recipes and
Simple and quick recipes are often mistaken for recipes that compromise on taste and nutritional value. However, not every simple recipe requires a microwave and a pre-made meal from your local supermarket. For simplicity, taste and satisfaction, why not try out a hassle-free yet filling stew recipe that is sure to leave your family begging for more?
Sweet, aromatic and flavoursome, this summer stew is the ideal meal for when you simply run out of time to search for interesting dinner recipes. Not only is it easy to prepare, it can also be refrigerated and used as a filling lunch for your little ones and partner. Pair with a slice or two of thick, richly buttered bread and you’ve got yourself a winning summer meal. Here is how you do it:
- 4 mildly spiced Chorizo sausages, sliced into coins
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs, deboned and seasoned with salt, pepper and lemon juice
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of red pepper flakes
- 3 cups (750 ml) of corn, canned in brine
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of Robertsons Paprika
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of Robertsons Basil
- 2 cups (500 ml) of cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ KNORROX chicken stock cube,
- ½ packet of KNORR powdered